Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand!  A Scottish indie band that has risen to fame thanks to this very album.  Franz Ferdinand, their first studio album was a collection of what I think to be some of the purest indie content in any highly successful album.  This I mean by how the album flows and sounds as other good indie bands I have heard (it has the indie feel).  The whole album sounds very well done, but still feels a bit like it was made in a very nice garage.  Among the indie rock that flows out of this album, you can also identify a few roots of dance-rock, mostly noted in their very famous song, Take Me Out.

Some noteworthy tracks from this album include: Of course, Take Me Out, a song that does a smooth transition from Indie to Dance rock very nicely.  Another song is This Fire, a song that talks about an internal fire that burns out of control (thas deep) in a pretty consistent yet fun tone.  Cheating on you is a song about a cheating couple in a fun tone with some nice percussion and fun guitar. My personal favorite is Tell Her Tonight, a really catchy song that has me doing air drums every time I hear it (yea I'm kind of a big deal).

Overall, not my favorite Franz Ferdinand album, but I do love Franz Ferdinand, and I do consider this a close runner up.  My favorite shall be reviewed in a near future... Hopefully (so mysterious).  Give this album a listen if you ever get the chance, it's not very long and it's filled with pure, unadulterated music from the indie dimension!  If you don't know what indie is like, you DEFINITELY should give it a listen, at least to become familiar with part of the genre!

No comments: