Monday, January 13, 2014

Europop - Eiffel 65

Making a slight change from the usual, today I will review Europop, an album that I thought I would find boring.  This album is the debut album of the Italian electro group, Eiffel 65.  If you think you've heard this name before and you don't know why, you probably have.  This is the album that houses the oh so very popular song Blue (Da Ba Dee). You might even know the songs lyrics, as most of my friends do.  But why didn't this album gain much popularity, then? It did, just mostly in Europe!  Europop is a predominantly Euro dance album, incorporating lots of different types of European dance genres.  This album stands out to me because of its harmonic use of the Synth and Piano in a dance experience.

Songs that you should check out: If you have never heard Blue (Da Ba Dee), you need to give it a listen.  It's an extremely catchy and entertaining song, and one that not many people forget.  There's also Too Much Of Heaven, a smooth electropop song that talks about the problems of materialism and never being satisfied.  One of my favorites is Silicon World, a more up-beat dance song, while keeping it from turning into a full-blown disco song.  Last but not least, Move Your Body, a song that I find so catchy and fun that I can't help but... Move my body?

All jokes aside, this album is a classic dance experience to me, and I would suggest it to anyone that likes an occasional dance/electronic song.  Anyways, to anyone that might remember the hilarious music video for Blue (Da Ba Dee), here it is.


No comments: