Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cage The Elephant - Cage The Elephant

Cage the Elephant's debut album, Cage The Elephant is an album that definitely took me by surprise.  I first heard the song Ain't No Rest For The Wicked on the radio and thought it was entertaining, but nothing more.  After hearing it as the title song when I played Borderlands (one of my favorite games I mean it's awesome), I decided I'd give the album a listen.  I was extremely surprised at all the great tracks this album had!  The Album is predominantly Alternative/Indie rock, with garage rock undertones.  It's filled with lots of energy and great transitions in the songs, from chorus to outro.

As I had mentioned before, the song to receive most attention in this album was  Ain't No Rest For The Wicked, a song that uses great lyrical story-telling to put the "evil" side of this world into perspective.  Other tracks that I loved from this album include: Back Against The Wall, a song about desperation in a soft and catchy melody (strange combination I know),  Drones In The Valley, a more fast paced song with interesting electric guitar, and Judas, a song about betrayal with a great combination of slow-to-fast paced playing.

As I had said before, this is a great album, especially for anyone who's looking for a new garage rock-ish band to give a listen to.  The whole band is outrageously rock-oriented and (apparently) great performers. Here is a picture of the main vocalist (yes he's a dude) crowd diving in a dress. If that doesn't scream garage rock, I don't know what does.

  "If you guys don't catch me, the show's over!"

No comments: