Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love - My Chemical Romance

After having reviewed their latest album (Which you can see here) I felt compelled to listen to the only other album of My Chemical Romance I hadn't heard, their debut album.  I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love is a very pure album, constantly playing the chords that made the famous emo-punk band who they were.  This, however, can be tiresome.  To me, this album was a bit too repetitive, constantly playing the same themes and all the songs sharing the same vibe (wow such an eloquent way to use my words I know).  I can see how this album must have started MCR on the way to fame in the emo underground, but it didn't really catch my attention.

Some noteworthy songs from the album include:  Vampires Will Never Hurt You, a slightly screamo song with some good, heavy transitions.  Headfirst For Halos, an upbeat rock song that takes a rest between choruses, my personal favorite from this album.  Lastly, This Is The Best Day Ever, another upbeat song that leans more to its emo side while staying pretty rock'd-out.

It pisses me off that I have only given My Chemical Romance negative reviews when they have such amazing albums.  As I had said before, this is not a bad band, not by a long shot.  All bands have albums that lack things or are not as good as our favorites, this being a clear example of it.  If you are a big fan of MCR or emo-punk then I suggest you give this album a listen, because it really isn't that bad, it just isn't one of my personal favorites.  If you aren't really a fan of emo-punk or you don't even know what it is, you should probably ignore this album.

No comments: