Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Place We Ran From - Tired Pony

Not the kind of music I'm used to reviewing, but we gotta spice it up every once in a while!  Tired Pony is a side project formed by many well known artists.  The bands formation was undertaken by Gary Lightbody, singer for the band Snow Patrol.  He created the band out of his appreciation of country music, while retaining an alternative rock back bone.  Although I downloaded the album because of one song, I will say it is an interesting album.  It plays through very well and it retains a constant theme that I think was enjoyable.

Check out:

~Dead American Writers, this song is the reason I downloaded the album. Love it, while it is very different from the rest of the album.
~Held In The Arms Of Your Words, a pretty good smooth track that describes the beauty of a woman, not bad at all.
~Pieces, a great track to end the album, I liked it although, to me, it does fade out at the end in a weird way.

I have mixed feelings about this album.  I don't regret listening to it but it's definitely not going to be an album I listen to again any time soon.  If you're a fan of folk rock then you might want to check this album out though.

Ps. Sorry I haven't written any reviews recently!  I've been very rushed with college life and swimming, though I think I'll have more free time now so keep on the look out for new articles!  I'm going to try to upload at least 1 review a week, wish me luck!  Thank you all for supporting me till now, I hope you've enjoyed my review thus far!  I'll keep you guys posted :)

No comments: